The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is recruiting for the following positions:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess a valid Texas Drivers License (without restriction other than eyeglasses)
- Must be TCOLE certified as a Peace Officer
- Must not have a discharge from the U.S. Military under less than honorable discharge
- Able to read, write and fluently speak English
- Not prohibited by State or Federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition
- Not prohibited by State or Federal law from operating a motor vehicle
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Pass physical exam, psychological screening and drug test
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Applications may be picked up at the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office located at 100 Hurst Street, Center, TX, 75935. Applications can be mailed, if needed. Please contact the SCSO by calling 936.598.5601.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer. The SCSO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.